I would like to elaborate more on Web 2.0, emerging dynamics and interactions of online communities, web services, and mobile Internet. Selected articles will serve as our core course materials.
Participation (Presence, Challenging and Answers, & Oral Presentations) 60%,
Our class is more of a conversation and dialogue than a lecture.
- Designing Systems for Internet Commerce, G Winfield Treese, Lawrence C. Stewart, Addison-Wesley, 2002.
- Jeremy Wright, Blog Marketing, McGraw Hill, 2006
- Y. J. Chang, Handouts of Advanced Internet Applications.
Fundamentals of Internet Technology (TS Ch. 8)
Trends of Internet Applications and Business models
- Introduction to Mobile Web Services
- Trends of Networking
- Beyond the Mobile Frontier by NTT DoCoMo
- Blogging, Search Engine, Broadband Video, Peer to peer,
- Commerce Value Chain
- Internet Business Strategy
- Case Studies
- Blog vs. Web
- XML, RSS, Syndication
- Blogging for Business Marketing
- Blogging for Internal Communication
- Blogging for Project Coordination, Basecamp
- Blogging for Learning
- 10 Ways to Use Web 2.0 to Change the World. Marnie Webb.
- 10 Ways Nonprofits Can Use Blogs and Bloggers to Support Their Cause. Britt Bravo.
- A List of Some Mobile Social Software
- Tracking methods: Dodgeball and Navizon
- Friends finding friends : Dodgeball.com
- The Buddy Tracker in Navizon
- Yao-Jen Chang, Hsin-Yu Hsu, Frank Tsen-Yung Wang, Action Science Approach to Context Aware Personalized Housing Services using Web 2.0 Mapping Tools- A Nonprofit Case Implementation
- Yao-Jen Chang, Yao-Sheng Chang, Shu-Yu Hsu, Chiu-Hui Chen, Social Network Analysis to Blog-based Online Community, presented in International Conference on Convergence Information Technology 2007, Gyeongju, Korea. November 21~23, 2007. (EI)
- Yao-Jen Chang Hung-Huan Liu, Li-Der Chou, Yen-Wen Chen, Haw-Yun Shin, A General Architecture of Mobile Social Network Services, presented in International Conference on Convergence Information Technology 2007, Gyeongju, Korea. November 21~23, 2007. (EI)
- Yao-Jen Chang, Tseng-Yun Wang, Shi-Kai Tsai, Yu-Chia Chuang, "Action Science Approach to Experimenting Nonprofit Web 2.0 Services for Employment of Individuals with Mental Impairments" 2007 International Workshop on Social Media Analysis in conjunction with ACM/IEEE Web Intelligence 2007. (EI)
- Yao-Jen Chang, Tseng-Yun Wang, Sky Tsai, Yu-Chia Chuang "Nonprofit 2.0 Web Services- Case Study of Employment Services for Individuals with Mental Impairments" to be presented in IEEE TENCON 2007. (EI)
- Yao-Jen Chang and Chiu-Hui Chen, "Methodology and Evaluation of Teaching Computer Programming Laboratory with Social Media," ED-Media 2007, Vancouver, Canada, June 25-29, 2007.
Title: Social software as support in hybrid learning environments: The value of the blog as a tool for reflective learning and peer support
Author(s): Hall H, Davison B
Source: LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE RESEARCH Volume: 29 Issue: 2 Pages: 163-187 Published: 2007
Times Cited: 2
Title: Blogging activity among cancer patients and their companions: Uses, gratifications, and predictors of outcomes
Author(s): Chung DS, Kim S
Source: JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR INFORMATION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY Volume: 59 Issue: 2 Pages: 297-306 Published: 2008
Times Cited: 0
Title: Issue publics on the web: Applying network theory to the war
Author(s): Tremayne M, Zheng N, Lee JK, et al.
Source: JOURNAL OF COMPUTER-MEDIATED COMMUNICATION Volume: 12
Issue: 1 Published: 2006
Times Cited: 0
Tools and advices
- Scholar Google is one of the best tools for searching academic papers. You can find a lot of good references in the areas that you feel interested in.
- Preparing slides
- How to do research, by Tzi-cker Chiueh